It’s our first segment of the Cooking With Cannabis 101 series in the new year so why not start with some delicious CBD Strawberry & Cream Cheese Scones. For this recipe you’ll need to know how to make cannabis butter, a tutorial can be found here. Remember if you want this recipe to use CBD then you need to purchase either CBD cannabis flower or CBD cannabis butter. Alternatively, you could make some THC-infused scones using THC cannabis flower.
Here’s what you’ll need to make the scones:
- 2 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Cannabis Butter, Unsalted, Cubed, and Cold
- 4 oz Cream Cheese, Cubed and Cold
- 1 Egg, Large
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream (Some for Brushing)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2/3 Cup Strawberries, Finely Chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 Fahrenheit
- In a medium mixing bowl add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt and stir until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add butter and cream cheese and mix by hand until mixed.
- Add egg, cream, vanilla extract, and strawberries and mix until well incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Place dough balls onto the counter and flatten into a circle.
- Cut the circle into 6-8 pieces and place on an oven-ready pan.
- Brush the tops with reserved cream.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow time to cool.
- Once cooled, top them with the vanilla glaze.
- Enjoy your Strawberry Scones!
Now for the Vanilla glaze, you’ll need:
- 1 – 1 1/2 Cup(s) Icing Sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- In a small mixing bowl add all of the ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
- Top the Strawberry Scones.
What’s your favorite pastry? Let us know in the comments below! Click here to view all our segments of Cooking With Cannabis 101.